22nd Annual Conference of the Japan Association for Higher Education Research (JAHER-2019)
To the members of the Japan Association for Higher Education Research (JAHER)
Guide to the 22nd Annual Conference of the Japan Association for Higher Education Research (JAHER-2019)
Dear members of JAHER,
I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to you for your continued hospitality.
We decided to hold the 22nd Conference of the Japan Association for Higher Education Research at two venues in Kanazawa city (the Kanazawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Kanazawa Opera House), as per below. We are looking forward to your participation.
We call for proposals of your research presentations as well as a summary of the presentation, which should be submitted electronically. Please apply in accordance with the procedures outlined in the “Presentation Application System” of the JAHER website (http://www.gakkai.ne.jp/jaher/) or contact email@example.com–u.ac.jp.
The application deadline is no later than 18:00 (JST), Thursday, February 28, 2019. You are required to provide the following information:
- Member ID
- Name of the contact person
- Job title and affiliation of the contact person
- Email address
- Title (maximum 160 characters, not words)
- Subtitle (maximum 160 characters)
- Abstract (maximum 800 characters)
- Names, affiliations, member IDs, and email addresses of the presenters and co-presenters. The actual presenters who will attend the annual conference should be identified.
- Necessary equipment: e.g., projector, PC (Windows), other (please specify)
The deadline for the presentation summary is no later than 18:00 (JST), Friday, March 29, 2019. Detailed instructions on the format of the presentation summary will be provided once the application for the presentation has been made.
Thank you very much.
Chairperson of the Annual Conference Committee
Dates: Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Sat, June 8: the Kanazawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry SHOKOKAIGISHO
9-13 Oyama-cho Kanazawa city
- Sun, June 9: the Kanazawa Opera House KAGEKIZA
6-27 Shimotsumoto-cho, Kanazawa city
Co-organizer: Division for Higher Education Development and Support, Institute of Liberal Arts and Science, Kanazawa University
Supported by Kanazawa University
Schedule outline ( Program PDF updated on June 5, 2019 ):
Saturday, June 8 SHOKOKAIGISHO
Registration 8:15 ~
Parallel Session 1 9:15 ~ 11:15
Parallel Session 2 12:15 ~ 14:15
Session by the research taskforce 14: 30 ~ 17: 00
Reception 18:00 ~ 20:00
2F Event | Hall & Garden Room | Paul Bocuse SHIINOKI GEIHINKAN
Sunday, June 9 KAGEKIZA
Registration 9:15 ~
Parallel Session 3 10:00 ~ 12:00
General Meeting 13:00 ~ 13:30
Open Symposium 13:45 ~ 16:45
Theme: Local Innovation and Higher Education
The program is scheduled for release at the end of April 2019.
Venues and Hotels
Access to the Kanazawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry SHOKOKAIGISHO
About 10 minutes by bus from Kanazawa Station
Bus stop Nos. 3, 8, 9, or 10 at the Kenrokuen Gate (east exit) at Kanazawa Station. Fare: 200 Japanese Yen. There is a 2-minute walk from the Minamicho Oyama Jinja bus stop.
Access to Kanazawa Opera House KAGEKIZA
About a 20-minute bus ride from Kenrokuen Gate (East Exit) at Kanazawa Station.
At bus stop No.3, take the Hokuriku Railway Bus to “TOBU SHAKO”, “KANAZAWA GAKUIN DAIGAKU,” or bus No. 7 “JOKAMACHI KANAZAWA SHUYU BUS”, or the JR bus “MACHI BUS” (only weekends and holidays).
Get off at HONDA-CHO
Fare: 200 Japanese yen (MACHI Bus 100 yen)
You will be required to arrange your own accommodation.
Please register from the website of the JAHER (http://www.gakkai.ne.jp/jaher/) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org–u.ac.jp by Monday, May 20, 2019. Please apply in advance according to the input screen (Please see page 3 for an application for the free research presentation). Please enter all necessary information according to the application system, and pay the participation and reception fees (the website system is available only in Japanese. In case you experience difficulty, please contact email@example.com–u.ac.jp). We will provide a discount for the participation fee only if you complete payment for advance registration and participation by May 20. You can also register at the reception desk on that day.
* When you complete the application for the presentation, a receipt notification will be sent to your designated email address. If you do not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org–u.ac.jp to confirm whether your application has been accepted.
Participation fee 6,000 yen (5,000 yen for advance payment by May 20)
Reception banquet fee 6,000 yen (advance application only)
Lunch box fee (with tea) 1,000 yen (for June 8)
Lunch box fee (with tea) 1,000 yen (for June 9)
Pre-payment should be made by credit card on the application system. Please note that refunds after completion of settlement are not possible. Please refer to the application system (available only in Japanese) for details.
* Non-members can also participate as temporary members and will be charged the same fee indicated above.
There is no dining room, etc., in the hall. Please use nearby eateries, or book lunch boxes in advance, as indicated above.
Inquiries concerning the annual conference:
If you have any questions, please mail them to the Annual Conference Committee
Application for the presentation
(1) Applications to present in the parallel session should be made through the website application system, which is only available in Japanese. If you experience difficulty, please contact email@example.com–u.ac.jp.
On the Japanese site of JAHER (http://www.gakkai.ne.jp/jaher/), you can log in to the “大会発表申し込みシステム” and follow the procedure. Please submit your presentation by 18:00 (JST), Thursday, February 28. The member ID for logging in is stated on the mailing label attached to the email from the conference. Those who do not know the password, we ask that you re-acquire this from this system “Those who are unable to log in, please click here.” If you know that you will be using a different affiliation at the time of the event, please state this new affiliation.
(2) The presentation number for the parallel session can be used only once per person. We will prepare our program based on the application title you have submitted. Thus, once submitted, you will not be able to change the title or subtitle.
(3) The presentation time is set as follows.
|Number of presenter(s)||Presentation time||Q&A time|
|1 person||15 minutes||5 minutes|
|2 people||30 minutes||10 minutes|
|3 people or more||40 minutes||10 minutes|
(4) Qualified persons for the parallel session presentation can only be members who have paid their membership fees until FY 2018. For inquiries regarding enrollment procedures/payment of membership fee, please contact the following:
Secretariat of the Japanese Association of Higher Education Research,
Academic Societies Center, Galileo, Inc.
1-24-1-4F, Sugamo, Toshima Ward, Tokyo, 170-0002 JAPAN
(5) The scheduling of the presentations in the parallel session will be completed by the Annual Conference Committee with reference to the submitted titles, summaries, etc.
(6) For those presenting (we can only contact the contact person in case of a group presentation), please prepare the summary of the presentation according to the instructions below:
- A4: 2 pages for one presenter; 4 pages for a group presentation.
- Main title: 14 point
- Sub-title:12 point
- Name (affiliation)
- The text (9 to 10.5 point) should start from the 8th line
- 45–50 lines per page
The Microsoft Word format for the summary is available from this link: http://herd.w3.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/template22e.docx
Access the website of the JAHER (http://www.gakkai.ne.jp/jaher/) for submission. The application system is only available in Japanese. If you experience difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org–u.ac.jp.
Please submit your summary by 18:00 on Friday, March 29, 2019.
* Since the projectors and the Windows PCs are installed at the meeting venue, please use these if you have made such a request. If you are using Microsoft Office (.ppt .pptx .doc .docx) and PDF (.pdf), you can get support. Please prepare a USB memory stick (quarantined version) with the file of the presentation. If you need to use your own PC, please confirm the operation before starting the session. You can use Analog RGB (D-Sub 15 pin) and HDMI (Type A Connector) for connections between your own PC and a venue-equipped projector, but there are no guarantees. RGB and HDMI cables will be installed at the venue.